Hi All,
I'm sure I'm missing something very basic, I just can't see it. I am trying
to document 'constants' used at the Class level and one local to a
procedure within the Class. I am using the "#:" tag following the
docstrings for the class and the procedure to document the constants.
My sphinx conf.py file includes
extensions = [
    'sphinx.ext.autodoc',
    'sphinx.ext.todo',
    'sphinx.ext.coverage',

> ]

Following the class things work, but not for the procedure within the
class.
My questions are:

   1. Why does the (test) constant 'bell' defined after the class docstring
   appear at the end - out of any order -?
   2. Why doesn't the real constant '_yellow' defined after procedure _main
   docstring not appear at all?

Code snippets and sphinx out.

*<code>*

> class Run:
>     """
>     This class runs as a thread in the background as long as TrainThing is
> running.

.
.
.

>     :raises ValueError: If constant ON_threshold <= OFF_threshold.
>
>     **Constants:**
>     """
>     #: (dict) The mix of red, green, blue LED for 'yellow' LED
>     #: * * who knows why?
>     bell = {'r': int(255 * 0.9375), 'g': int(255 * 0.75), 'b': 0}
>     #: (float) Time between display updates
>     UPDATE_TIME = 2.0
>     #: (int) The degrees C when the fan is turned on in the auto mode.
>     #: RPi hard threshold of 85 C, soft 80 C
>     ON_threshold = 65
>     #: (int) The degrees C when the fan is turned off in the auto mode.
>     #: OFF_threshold must be less than ON_threshold
>     OFF_threshold = 55
>
> .
.
.

>     def _main(self) -> None:
>         """
>         This method sets up the initial display values and then
>         every 2 seconds checks status and updating the display for:
>
>         * The fan is on or off.
>         * The fan is running in the manually or auto mode.
>         * The cpu frequency is Max, Min or in between.
>         * the cpu temperature 5 step display ladder.
>
>         until variable run_forever is set False by function **stop()**
>
>         **Constant:**
>         """
>         #: (dict) The mix of red, green, blue LED for 'yellow' LED
>         #: continuation line to match above.
>         _yellow: Dict[str, int] = {'r': int(255 * 0.9375), 'g': int(255 *
> 0.75), 'b': 0}
>
>         #: TODO figure out why yellow does not show as a Constant in sphinx
>
> *</code*>
*<output>*

>  class fan.Run(unicorn)
>
>     This class runs as a thread in the background as long as TrainThing is
> running.

.
.
.

>     Raises:  ValueError – If constant ON_threshold <= OFF_threshold.
>
>     Constants:
>
>     OFF_threshold = 55
>         (int) The degrees C when the fan is turned off in the auto mode.
> OFF_threshold must be less than ON_threshold
> (int) The degrees C when the fan is turned on in the auto mode. RPi hard
> threshold of 85 C, soft 80 C
>     ON_threshold = 65
>
>         (int) The degrees C when the fan is turned on in the auto mode.
> RPi hard threshold of 85 C, soft 80 C
>
>     UPDATE_TIME = 2.0
>
>         (float) Time between display updates
>
>     __init__(unicorn) → None
>
>         Initialization starts the FanLib passing the named parameters
> on_threshold, off_threshold and auto_time so both modules, fan and FanLib,
> have the same values so the unicorn display set by this module and the auto
> mode run by FanLib are synchronized. Makes unicorn display methods
> available and starts the _main method as a thread.
>
>     _main() → None
>
>         This method sets up the initial display values and then every 2
> seconds checks status and updating the display for:
>
>             The fan is on or off.
>
>             The fan is running in the manually or auto mode.
>
>             The cpu frequency is Max, Min or in between.
>
>             the cpu temperature 5 step display ladder.
>
>         until variable run_forever is set False by function stop()
>
>         Constant:
>
>     bell = {'b': 0, 'g': 191, 'r': 239}
>
>         (dict) The mix of red, green, blue LED for ‘yellow’ LED * * who
> knows why?
>

>  class fan.Run(unicorn)
    This class runs as a thread in the background as long as TrainThing is
running.
.
.
.

Raises:    ValueError – If constant ON_threshold <= OFF_threshold.

Constants:

OFF_threshold = 55
    (int) The degrees C when the fan is turned off in the auto mode.
OFF_threshold must be less than ON_threshold
ON_threshold = 65
    (int) The degrees C when the fan is turned on in the auto mode. RPi
hard threshold of 85 C, soft 80 C
UPDATE_TIME = 2.0
    (float) Time between display updates

.
.
.
_main() → None
    This method sets up the initial display values and then every 2 seconds
checks status and updating the display for:

   -         The fan is on or off.

   -         The fan is running in the manually or auto mode.

   -         The cpu frequency is Max, Min or in between.

   -        The cpu temperature 5 step display ladder.

    until variable run_forever is set False by function stop()

    Constant:

bell = {'b': 0, 'g': 191, 'r': 239}
    (dict) The mix of red, green, blue LED for ‘yellow’ LED * * who knows
why?

stop() → None
*</output>*
--
*Lou*
Say what you will about *Sisyphus*. He always has work.