I am using sphinx to transform my rst files into jsons with html, and in my
rst file I define
table without the widths like so:

list-table::
   :header-rows: 1
* - Option A
- Item B
- Item C

* - Option B
- Item D
- Item E

In the resulting html when we were using sphinx 4.3.1 we had a colgroup tag
defining the widths of the table, to be of equal size. Now after upgrading
to sphinx 7.0.1 we no longer have the colgroup tag appearing in the html
structure and our tables are broken.
Why was this removed from sphinx? Was this default tables being of equal
width functionality removed on purpose? I didn't find any mention of that
in the changelog in the official sphinx site.
What would be the best approach to fix this issue?