Hi,

On 01/13/2012 12:17 PM, Alon Levy wrote:
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 05:52:15PM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi,

While looking at spice-protocol git, to see if we should
do a spice-protocol-0.10.1 too, I noticed a few
unregularities:

1) the 0.10 branch has a commit from Alon called:
"add opus playback and record cap", which is not on
master

I don't see anything wrong with adding this, since I'm sure we want to
have opus. That said, it shouldn't have been there and I think I pushed
it by accident, since I never completed the work on the server and
client, and so it's of no use right now. (that happened because opus
uses 48KHz and CELT uses 44.1KHz)

Ok, then I suggest reverting that commit for now. I agree it does
now harm, but it may confuse people into thinking that we do
have opus support...

2) master has a commit titled:
"Release 0.10.1", but no 0.10.1 tag, and AFAIK we don't
have 0.10.1 tarbals yet...

This is the bump for the mini header support.

I understand.

You call it adventurous,

It feels adventurous to me I've not looked close enough at it to
say it really is. I was using the term adventurous in an attemp to
fish for other peoples opinion on this. But I guess I should be
more direct. So:

Alon, you think getting the mini header code into 0.10.1 (and thus into
the next RHEL release) is a good idea?

Yonit, do you feel that you're code is ready for this?

I think Yonit did all the tests with the new client and the old one,
knowing her, but I haven't myself.

I'm sure she did and I wasn't implying the code is untested, just
that it is rather new and as such has not seen testing by many
people under different circumstances.

So we need to sort this out, I suggest:
1) Adding the "add opus playback and record cap" to
master.
2) Cherry picking the 3 commits in master but not in
the 0.10 branch into the 0.10 branch
3) creating a 0.10.1 tag on the 0.10 branch

I wonder though, are we sure there are no adverse
effects of bumping SPICE_VERSION_MINOR to 2? This seems
like a bit of a risky chance to make in a 0.10.x
release. Are we sure all clients and server versions
will grok connecting to / getting a connection from
a server / client with a different minor then themselves?

I'm not sure. Someone needs to check.

Right, which is why I called the code adventurous :)

Regards,

Hans