On 02/21/2012 07:49 PM, Kai Meyer wrote:

On 02/20/2012 05:19 AM, Yonit Halperin wrote:
Hi,
On 02/15/2012 06:22 PM, Kai Meyer wrote:

On 02/15/2012 05:19 AM, Yonit Halperin wrote:
On 02/15/2012 01:16 AM, Kai Meyer wrote:
Help me set my expectations straight. Should I be able to use spice
from
inside a VM on my local machine to view video streaming services like
Youtube, Hulu, and Netflix? I have RHEL 6 Workstation for my host, and
Win7 Pro as my guest. I've installed the qxl driver in the VM, and
used
Virt-manager to configure the VM to use Spice as my Display and Video
Model is qxl.

You should be able to do it. But it depends on you network conditions
(client to host).

Yonit.
-Kai Meyer

This is a VM on my local machine, so I'm effectively connecting to
localhost. Network conditions should be the least concern, yet playback
is terrible.

Which spice client do you run?
Another possible reason for the slow playback is that Rhel 6 doesn't
have libjpeg-turbo.

Yonit.
-Kai Meyer

I'm using the spice client that comes in the default RHEL 6
repositories. libjpeg-turbo is not installed as a system library
anywhere I can find. If I am cpu-bound, it seems like it would be the
qemu process running the VM. My spicec process does not utilize more
than 50% of a cpu (as reported by top).
Can you please send the qemu log file (/var/log/libvirt/qemu/<vm_name>)?

Thanks,
Yonit.