Hi,
On 05/01/2012 05:39 PM, Nahum Shalman wrote:
I'm much happier about this one since it now happens to me pretty much
every time I use a VM.
Once again, I'm using the latest bits as of a couple days ago with a
modified qemu running under illumos.

I'm reliably tripping an assert in red_worker.c
(it's annoying when that happens... qemu just sort of spins off into
crazy land rather than dumping core and exiting.)

This is the tripped assert:
SpiceWorker-ERROR **: red_worker.c:1736:release_drawable: assertion
`!drawable->stream' failed

I hacked up all the calls to release_drawable to include a matching
assert above the call to isolate which call was tripping it, and it
looks like it's the last one in red_process_drawable

I have a couple of thoughts:

1. Can someone familiar with the (scary) innards of red_worker.c take a
look and see if anything stands out?
I'm doing some changes in this part of the code, but so far I haven't tripped into this assert (before applying my changes, and without pulling changes from the last week or two). Can you bisect this?
What guest are you running?

Regards,
Yonit.
2. Should we consider beefing up the implementation of red_assert to
have it generate a stack trace and/or have it cause qemu to dump core?
This seems reasonable to me since QEMU seems to go crazy when this happens.

Thanks for your time,
Nahum