Hey,

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 05:47:13AM -0500, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> You are right. Surprisingly if the network queue was full the old code
> just ignored the request not sending/setting any command.
> After your code you don't schedule a send any volume/mute changes.
> Maybe nothing change as will be send after/before next audio frame.
> Maybe this patch should be partially merged to "sound: Use RedChannelClient
> to receive/send data" ?
> Maybe in the loop volume/mute flags should be checked before the frames?

Hmm, good point that changing this is going to potentially change the
order in which the volume/mute/... messages are going to be sent, and
delay them a bit. It will also cause less messages to be sent if the
user keeps calling spice_server_playback_set_volume() (for example).

I don't think the messages are going to be delayed for a long time
though, so this should not really cause an issue (ie we should be fine
making that change without trying to get the exact same message order as
before)

Christophe