> So, I guess I'm stuck waiting for iGVT-g to go upstream then :-(.

I think would be quite a pity. The fact that our environments are mostly KVM
should not avoid trying to fix Xen environment.

First: can you do a video and share somehow?

One of the difference between KVM and Xen is the schedule. While KVM uses Linux
Xen rely on Linux + its own. One reason could be this difference.
Could you same an strace of Qemu while from dom0 while the VM is doing some
screen updates? A command line this for some seconds could help:
strace -ff -o trace.txt -tt -T -p <PID>
(where PID is the pid of your Qemu related to the VM running, you should be
root).
You could compress and the the trace file.

One thing I noted using Windows is the refresh of the active button (like
usually the OK
on message boxes). It seems that the refresh is quite slow. A bit of
background. The actual
DOD driver is not that accelerated. One of the few base accelerations (the
others require
DirectX support) are Alpha draws. If not implemented Windows will have to read
back
from screen which from some experiment I made (enabling some debugging on the
host)
seems quite slow. I don't know if it's related to the way these commands are
sent by the
Windows driver or the latency of handling them or some other issues (maybe some
required serialization) but the problem seems to not affect Linux at all.

Frediano