Hey,

On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 06:20:03PM +0800, 陈炤 wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Does SPICE have a solution to capture video stream, and pass-through it to
> the client?
> I want this feature for these reasons:
> 1. Currently SPICE render video on server side, which would consume CPU of
> the server. If the video can be rendered on just client side, the server
> could save much CPU capability.
> 2. Video effect is notoriously bad. If rendered on client side, the hardware
> decode functionality could be enabled and the video effect would improve.
> 3. We could use high compression algorithm on video when we passthrough it,
> which will reduce network bandwidth usage.
>

> I noticed that spice-streaming-agent is probably doing this, but it's for
> linux. Does a windows side agent exist?

If what you are looking for is a way to directly pass encoded video data
coming from (for example) youtube, send it unprocessed to the client so
that it's decoded and displayed there, then this is not what
spice-streaming-agent is doing. spice-streaming-agent will stream the
full VM display after everything is decoded/rendered in the VM
(potentially using a redirected gpu for better performance).

Christophe