> Hi,
>

> I'm picking up the Virgl remote support patchset with the goal of
> adapting it for use with Xspice.
>
> If I'm not mistaken the latest version of this patchset is in the
> virgl-spice branches of the following repositories:
>
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~fziglio/spice-protocol/log/?h=virgl-spice
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~fziglio/spice-common/log/?h=virgl-spice
>
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~fziglio/spice-server/log/?h=virgl-spice
>
>   This one also has a virgl_sort branch which is much more recent and
>   has me quite curious. But it's not clear to me if it is really
>   related. There is also a plain virgl branch but that one seems even
>   older.
>
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~fziglio/qemu/log/?h=virgl-spice
>
>   This one would not be needed for Xspice but I may use it for
>   reference.
>

> And there has been no Virgl work on the Xspice side of things, right?

It has been a while I didn't work on these branches.
I don't remember which one was the most updated.
Probably I added some experimental patches on top of them.
But my main question is why Virgl is related to Xspice?
The main intent of the branch is to add support for "frames" coming
from Virgl that are dma buffers. How would you use this feature in
Xspice?

Frediano