I picked up my newly rebuilt motor today. It was wrapped up with clear
plastic wrap. The old parts were in a box. I asked about the old pistons. I
thought they would be worth keeping since they were going to reuse them, if
I hadn't gone to standard size 9 to 1 pistons. Well they consider old
pistons expendable, so I was shown a 55 gallon drum full of pistons and told
they were in there.
When I got home and unloaded the motor, I pulled off the plastic wrap and
found they had put the engine hoist bracket and the long head studs at the
front of the motor.
I looked at the old parts in the box and found they had only used two of the
four new stainless steel exhaust valves.
Originally they said I just needed the valves ground, so I said OK, I will
return these new stainless steel valves. They called me a few days later and
said two of the exhaust valves were bad. They had checked out my spare head
and knew I had some extra valves,but I gave them the new stainless steel
exhaust valves and said put these in.
They assembled and painted the motor. Now they are going to have to take it
apart and put in the other two exhaust valves. They should have to provide
any new gaskets, don't you think?
Larry

///  [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list
///  Send admin requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
///  Send list postings to [EMAIL PROTECTED]