From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Aug 16, 2004 5:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: noisy throwout bearing on GT6

Dave- Did you wash the throw-out bearing before you installed it? Normally they are
packed coated in rust inhibitor which should be removed prior to installation. The
bearing itself should spin freely with your fingers. Don't put grease on the face of
it, it'll get hot and get thrown about the bell housing causing an awful mess and
possibly compromising the clutch's ability to hold torque.
        Did you check the pivot pin bushings for the throw-out arm in the bell housing
when you were in there? If they are worn or missing the arm won't have the right pivot
point making the bearing drag on the pressure plate fingers (a return spring might
help this one). I wouldn't put a spring on the arm to push the bearing onto the
pressure plate fingers (unless you like replacing the pressure plate).

Mark Haynes
'65 Spit
RMVR 162

The best thing to hit the Internet in years - NetZero HiSpeed!
Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

***     http://www.team.net/the-local    ***

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

***  unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or try
***  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool