Throw out bearing squealing......
----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 12:48 PM
Subject: GT6+ Running Report


> Guys,
> This is amazing but at 367 miles the GT6 is shaking down well.  I had an
> issue with the Twin Early Strombergs since the top covers came loose. Once
I
> tightened them up the pistons froze so I spent a bunch time on them and
got them
> snug.  Joe Curto thinks I need to go back in there and centralize the
jets.
> Duh, I did not realize you had to do that on any Stromberg.  The retaining
clip
> for the inner spring came out of it's groove on the shifter and therefore
it
> was possible to downshift from second to reverse (That Would Be Bad!) not
to
> mention a real funky shift pattern, but that was an easy fix thru the
tunnel
> hole.  I had the dreaded little Triumph rumble at speed but I had the
rotoflex's
> aligned and that seemed to improve things.
>
> Now if I can just find "Tweety Bird" things will be all right!  She likes
to
> sing constantly when the clutch is out. If I just place my foot on the
pedal I
> can change her pitch and even shut her up.  Anyone know where Sylvester is
> nowadays?
>
> Cheers,
> Darrell

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

===  This list supported in part by The Vintage Triumph Register
===     http://www.vtr.org

===  Help keep Team.Net on the air
===     http://www.team.net/donate.html

===  unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or try
===  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
===  Other lists available at
===      http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo
===  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive
===  http://www.team.net/the-local
===  Edit your replies!

Reply via email to