On 19 Sep 2009, j.russel.mo...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi I've tried to compile Splint in Windows, in a MSYS environment, it
> appears to be something missing:
> make  all-recursive
> make[1]: Entering directory `/d/splint-3.1.2'
> Making all in src
> make[2]: Entering directory `/d/splint-3.1.2/src'
> Compiling cgrammar.c...
> In file included from cgrammar.c:553:0:
> Headers/basic.h:17:30: fatal error: ../../winconfig.h: No such file or
> directory

> Has anyone come across this? Does anyone know if I'm missing something or
> how to fix this?

I take it you are compiling from a tar ball or zip file and not
anonymous CVS?  I mistakenly committed some updated
autoconf/automake/aclocale generated files a few weeks ago to CVS.  I
dont think they are harmful, but I could be wrong.

The file 'winconfig.h' is in the splint directory.  I think that
cygwin may have been used for the windows compiles.  Is it possible
that '../../winconfig.h' can be changed to '..\..\winconfig.h' to see
if the problem changes to some other place?  The file 'winconfig.h'
should be in "d:\splint-3.1.2", if it is not there, then that is the
obvious problem.

I have attached a winconfig.h from my system.  It appears to be
generated but has been in CVS since approximately July 2002 (with
various changes).

Also, the bottom of the Makefile in 'src' has some lines like,

.c.o:
        @echo "Compiling "$<"..."; \
        source='$<' object='$@' libtool=no \

Can you remove the leading '@' sign and retry if none of the above
advise helps.  This should give the exact command line that the
compiler is attempting to use.

Regards,
Bill Pringlemeir.

--
Truth decays into beauty, while beauty soon becomes merely charm. Charm
ends up as strangeness, and even that doesn't last, but up and down are

/* config.h.  Generated automatically by configure.  */
/* config.hin.  Generated automatically from configure.ac by autoheader.  */

/*...@-constmacros@*/

/* The directory where Splint's library files live */
#define DEFAULT_LARCHPATH ".;C:/splint/lib"

/* Splint's imports directory */
#define DEFAULT_LCLIMPORTDIR ".;C:/splint/imports"

/* system include directory */
#define GCC_INCLUDE_DIR "C:/include"

/* alternate include directory */
#define GCC_INCLUDE_DIR2 "C:/local/include"

#define TARGET_CPU "x86"
#define UNAME "WIN32"

/* String describing who compiled this binary and how */
#define LCL_COMPILE "Compiled using Microsoft Visual C++ 7.0"

/* Splint's version number */
#define LCL_PARSE_VERSION "Splint 3.1.1"

/* Define to disable support LCL files */
/* #undef NOLCL */

/* Splint's version number and configure/build date */
#define SPLINT_VERSION "Splint 3.1.1 --- 28 Apr 2003"

/* The system's main include directory */
#define SYSTEM_LIBDIR "C:/include"

/* Define if you're on a Unixy system */
/* !!! #define UNIX 1 */

/* Define if `lex' declares `yytext' as a `char *' by default, not a `char[]'.
   */
#define YYTEXT_POINTER 1

/*...@=constmacros@*/