Hello

My name ist viktor and I am new to this list. At the moment I'm writing a paper for my bachelor at the "Technikum Wien" (a university of applied sience in Vienna). My topic is a comparison of the posibilities of Static Code analyses Tools for C, Visual Basic, C# and Python. I was looking for a survey, a study, or something else that shows which problems occure at which frequenzy source codes.

For example something like that:

Problems with Pointers and Null dereference   10%
Problems with undefined values 20%
Problem with "Strong types"   15%
Problems with Memory Management 40%
and so on

The only thing I found so long was a line in the SP-Lint manual:
Page 25: "About half the bugs in typical C programs can be attributed to memory management problems."

Does anyone know a survey or study where I can find further info regarding this matter?
I would appreciate any help.

Many thanks in advance

viktor