Hello there,

1)      I used roundf, fasbf, MAXFLOAT for my floating-point variables but
Splint complains 'Identifier used in code has not been declared'. I have no
problem when I compiled the code and use the functions for calculation. Where
should I point that these function are declared in <math.h> and <float.h>?

2)      I have all the constant variables defined in one header file and
'include' the header file in every source file where I need some of the
constants. However, Splint complains about the unused ones 'declared but not
used'. How can I suppress the warnings on the constants that are not used in
this file but would be in other files?

3)      I also got a suppressed warning about 'formalarray' which I never came
across before and need to justify in my static analysis report.
I am using splint 3.1.1. I looked through the Manual.pdf and found some
descriptions. But I am still confused what may be the cause for the warning.
Did anyone have similar warning before?
What may be the cause? Why Splint triggers a warning for this?
P:- formal-array (copied from Manual.pdf)
A formal parameter is declared as an array. This is probably not a problem, but
can be
confusing since it is treated as a pointer.

Also, could you explain what is the difference between P:+ and P:-? I thought
that + normally means ON and - means OFF. But it seems not right.

Thank you for your help. I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Shelley Dong