Original Message:
-----------------

Right. You can't have the population accidently hearing, ah, incorrect
information. I understand back in the old USSR days, many peasants
had
speakers wired in their house, not even a radio, so they could hear
information about the glorious progress of the revolution. I don't know
that there was an off switch, and I don't know that it was wise to ask for
one.

---
I saw an interesting Soviet 'cable-radio' set advertised on eBay; I wish
now that I'd bought it. It seemed to be just a loudspeaker on a stand;
just plug it into the Grid and you'd get all the news that's fit to
broadcast,
and with no interference! Dang-- I'll have to keep an eye out for more of
them.

Chris Gross