>http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page65.html
>
>I passed this along to Simon from a friend a week or two ago. It is a tape
>of part of an E21 transmission from 1981, along with a short collection of
>samples of a telephone announcing system that used the same YL's voice! I
>thought you might all find it interesting listening.

Hello Billy S.,

that's a very cool and interesting catch of the good old time.

Have you or has your friend more old recordings of those days arround the
beginning 80s? Especially I search for old 2-letter-station recordings of
the 70 s or 80s (if possible earlier than the 70s). Also I would be
interested in OLX, G2 (Swedish Rhapsody "Spieluhr") or old "Spruchnummer"
recordings, which are NOT on Simon's page. As you might hear in the TV
program on Sunday, G2 "the Spieluhr" (that's the German word for "musical
box", which plays SR melody) had different voices in the 70s and 80s. I
played the TV team a version with another voice, which many of you might
not know as G2 voice.

It would be glad to hear/read good news because of old recordings,
especially the 2-letter-stations.

Regards

Jochen Schäfer, the so called "Kopf" (head) of the German speaking numbers
stations movement, because I do the publicity for our hobby in the media.