"A very significant observation.  Sounds like Sam has
a single
transmitter with automatic QSY every 10 seconds.

Has anyone else noticed that you can hear Sam on both
upper and lower
sidebands, similar to an AM emission, but that there
is no carrier in
the center?  (That is, the emission looks like
double-sideband
suppressed carrier, an unusual mode.)  I missed it if
someone else has
already mentioned this.

... Martin    VE3OAT"

He's very light here in the Niagara Peninsula about
30kms west of Niagara Falls.(3700 and 6500)  I did
notice the double sideband carrier nature of the
transmission. Additionally I cant imagine anyone
postulating that this could be a "drunken ham"!!!!

Richard. VE3MFN