Jochen Schäfer wrote:

ll groups,

since 2000 I monitor a strange sound station with German numbers on 6869
kHz. The sound is a kind of music, which is strangely rising and falling,
and during this, there are German numbers, which sound like "2 8 5 6979"
over and over. Never heard something like this before, although I monitor
numbers stations since over 25 years.

Any ideas?

73

Jochen Kopf

___

I tried posting a reply this morning, but it doesn't seem to have gone through... I apologize in advance if it shows up later.

That signal sounds like someone has been playing with Kraftwerk samples. Chesk out their Web site:

http://www.kraftwerk.com

The title page, the "Numbers" page, and the "Minimum-Maximum" page all contain sounds that might have been used by this particular broadcaster. I wonder if it's a pirate after all, or a real numbers station that just happens to be using these sounds? I suspect it's the former...

Chris