Oh, that's funny.  I guess if you've heard one sinister secret conspiracy
you've heard them all.  I investigated HAARP pretty thoroughly and although
I found plenty of information worth being scared about, none of it related
to the Gakona basic research project as much as to the intentions of some of
the original people who paid to build the experiment.  Unless you're a
habitual Art Bell caller, what you see with HAARP is pretty much what you
get.  Even so, the general underlying scene with ionospheric heating
includes some rather creepy people.

With that said, I'm also thinking that if the guys up there have half a
sense of humor, they should see about repeating an M8a broadcast in CW a few
times, and then sit back over the long Alaskan winter and crack each other
up by sending around what gets written about them on the Internet.

I know they can key it in CW because one of their SWL tests ended with
something like, "73 FROM THE HAMS AT HAARP."

This would be one hell of a conceptual art project.  Maybe I should pitch
it.

-hugh