Chris Smolinski wrote:

Greetings, all, first time poster here so be gentle...

I read something interesting in, of all places, WikiPedia,
about letter beacons.

Dunno about that, but Havana Moon did trace some of the V5 numbers transmissions (could have been the older 4FG format) to Florida, near Jupiter Inlet as I recall.

Hi Chris & All,
This subject came up on site a few years ago, as it does from time to time, and if I remember correctly was completely discredited as one of the "numbers myths".
Chris, it would have been prudent to say "allegedly Havana Moon"

Hi Mike,

See Popular Communications magazine, Oct and Nov 1988 for the article Havana Moon wrote. There appears to be a copy of the article online here: http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page77.html

--

---