> The ten-meter amateur band is in between, 28.000 - 29.700 MHz.  I don't
> know who gets the extra 300 kHz at the top.

ITU allocates the bottom 100 kHz to land-mobile, and the rest to fixed and
aviation/space, except for a +/- 10 kHz guard band around 29900, which seems
to be some kind of radio astronomy receiving frequency.

There doesn't really seem to be much activity in this range any more.  There
used to be some private mobile telephone systems in places like Mexico, and
a business or two in South America.  Mostly now it seems to be a number of
low-speed FSK signals that sound like some kind of data streams, which no
one has ever been able to identify.

-hugh