From: spooks-boun...@mailman.qth.net [mailto:spooks-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On
Behalf Of Alex Mclean
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 2:40 PM
To: spooks@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Spooks] Russian Spies Arrested in the US

Anybody keep up with the news hear about this story?
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/28/world/main6627393.shtml
It was last month, 10 secret agents from Russia were arrested in the
US. They were posing as regular people and were gathering information
- who knows what information - about the US and sending it back to
their handlers.

Kind of creepy, kind of tells us that international espionage is still
very present and active today.

Anyway, does anyone more in the know than myself know if they had
anything to do with numbers stations? Did they have any ciphers,
one-time pads, or at least a shortwave receiver?
Seems like a real learning opportunity for the spy numbers community,
I've just not heard anything about it myself.
I mean, what if they had a one-time pad with entries regarding future
numbers broadcasts - that would be a pretty big deal!

Just wondering, just thinking somebody here will know more about it than I do.
Thanks for your help.

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net