The local radio station I work at was hit by lightning a couple years ago
just as I was getting on shift. We have a ground net in the field around
the station (it was built in the 60's) but it still popped a few fuses in
our transmitter and killed the sound card in our computer and fried the
power supply and a couple audio lines in our board. Lightning is nasty
stuff.