Just one more word of caution Justin: this radio stuff is highly addictive.
During the summer break, you may want to consider studying for your Technician
class ham license. There are no code requirements and you need learn just some
basic radio theory. Check out arrl.org. You could be ready to take your exam
with the help of Volunteer Examiners (VE's) in your area in just of couple of
weeks of studying a 1-2 hours a day. Learning about radio propagation can only
enhance your experience in radio. Then, you can start talking to the world as
well as listening. My only regret in becoming a ham is that I wish I had done
it sooner.

73,
Joe
N6JPG

The American Radio Relay League (ARRL) is the national association for amateur
radio, connecting hams around the U.S. with news, information and resources.
View on www.arrl.org Preview by Yahoo