Hi Ron,

Thanks for your comments. Please see my response inline.

Personally I agree. However, it seems that there are a lot of SPs who are in
favor of carrying a stack of IPv6 addresses on the IPv6 packet. For more
details, please see the IPv6-SR use case draft.

> A stack of MPLS labels is also conceptually simple, but the use of MPLS is not
> universal, especially within data center environments.   Also, this use of the

Within data center environments as you mentioned, the MPLS label stack would
just be used for representing a particular service path, and you could still
use IP-based tunnels to forward packets from one service node to another (for
more details, see
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-spring-islands-connection-over-ip-00). In
other word, the MPLS label stack plays the similar role of the service path ID.

> MPLS labels is somewhat different, semantically, and could cause issues if
> used
> concurrently with traditional MPLS use cases.   Especially given that existing
> MPLS labels are downstream allocated but SFC is essentially source routed.

A MPLS label stack can be used to realize the source routing paradigm, see
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing-mpls-01 and
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gredler-spring-mpls-03.

> Perhaps that issue could be solved, but at the expense of a more complex and
> invasive control plane.

How to simply use the MPLS label stack to realize the SFC has been described in
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-spring-sfc-use-case-00. Any comments are
welcome.

Best regards,
Xiaohu