Hi Xu,

As far as I can see there is no limitation in SR architecture that
service node must be a physical device or that its definition is
limited to be global per device.

Therefor it seems easy to define where needed virtual service node
with its SID or SIDs to indicate its different role in the network
(that includes functional role) even if this is all on the same
device.

The benefit for me is clear - to avoid new protocol extensions
required for what you call SFC use case.

Less complexity is always good.

Best,
R.