On 22 Jul 2014, at 11:05, Xuxiaohu <xuxia...@huawei.com> wrote:

> It makes no sense of making that compromise, IMHO. It seems that the most
> feasible way is to allow operators themselves to make the choice among these
> options according to their network conditions.

Such a recommendation does not have to say that this is the ONLY solution that
can be used. However, it is very likely that a number of operators have a
common set of limitations (given that we know there are commonalities in
deployed h/w). IMVHO, the thing that we should avoid is that e.g., Stephane
asks to support solution 1, and I ask for support for solution 2 ?? such that
(as a community) we end up needing to support 1 && 2, when maybe we could have
reached some comment recommendation such that there was only need for support
for 1 || 2.

Let??s wait and hear from the authors of the draft whether they intend to put
forward some recommendation. If they do not, and rather it should be an
operator??s choice, perhaps then the numerous operators that are involved in
the SR/MPLS can instead try and make such a recommendation if we see that there
is value in it. However, as Stephane pointed out, this is not a decision that
can be made in isolation from those that build h/w.

r.