Hi Les,

On 8/26/15, 7:45 PM, "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsb...@cisco.com> wrote:

>Stephane -
>
>Implementations based on the drafts that currently exist advertise a topology
>independent SRGB. A SID which is advertised in a specific MT Prefix
>Reachability advertisement is interpreted as an index into the topology
>independent SRGB. This is NOT compatible with an implementation which is
>written assuming that a SID is an index into a topology specific SRGB. So the
>introduction of topology specific SRGBs would have to be supported
>network-wide before it could be deployed. Sub-TLVs cannot resolve this
>incompatibility.
[Pushpasis] What if we use the current SR-capability sub-TLVs only for single
topology deployments? And use a new MT-SR-Capability SubTLV for MT deployments?
Please note, I am not saying MT cannot be supported with current SR-Cap SubTLV.
It can be, but with the limitation (as I like to see this cuurently) is that we
MUST use separate SID-index for the same prefix in separate topologies. If
operator does not want to live with the limitation then all the vendor
implementations must implement the new MT-SR-Cap SubTLV and make it happen. If
the operator can live with the implementation they continue with per-topology
SID-index and single SRGB for all topology.

Thanks
-Pushpasis