Hi,

see below for some comments.

> On Mar 2, 2016, at 1:21 PM, Stephen Farrell <stephen.farr...@cs.tcd.ie> wrote:
>
> Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
> draft-ietf-spring-problem-statement-07: No Objection

> introductory paragraph, however.)

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-problem-statement/

> COMMENT:
>
> Thanks for adding the new security considerations text.
>
> My take-away from that is:
>
> - The architecture needs to have a clearly defined
>  concept of domains so that you can strip source
>  routes on ingress/egress, if needed.

sure. That was also my point. The problem-statement draft is clearly not the
document that has to contain such details.

> - We know there are (as yet unstated) security issues
>  with source routing. The architecture document is
>  where those are promised. Which document is that?
>  Is it draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing?
>  So far, that doesn't seem to be there, so we should
>  expect more discussion to be needed if that remains
>  the case.

ok

> - You figure spring is ok-ish for MPLS, or at least no
>  worse than today, is that right?

yes. But if it turns out that additional mechanism are needed, we’ll certainly
integrate them into the architecture and/or dataplane specific drafts (mpls and
v6).

> - There is a need for a digital signature mechanism
>  (or similar) for the IPv6 data plane. In which document
>  would I find that?
>  Is it draft-previdi-6man-segment-routing-header?

draft-ietf-6man-segment-routing-header

Thanks.
s.

>  If so, that seems to call for pre-shared keys, which
>  seems likely to be tricky, if we consider BCP107. I
>  think we'll be heading for yet another discussion
>  of the need for automated key management here.
>
> I'm ok with letting this document go ahead, but I do hope
> the WG have substantive discussion of the above topics and
> we don't leave that to IESG review of the documents
> concerned.

I agree.

Thanks.
s.