From: spring [mailto:spring-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Alexander Vainshtein
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 12:22
To: DECRAENE Bruno IMT/OLN; Stefano Previdi (sprevidi)
Cc: spring@ietf.org; Shell Nakash; Michael Gorokhovsky;
draft-ietf-spring-resiliency-use-ca...@ietf.org; Marina Fizgeer; Rotem Cohen
Subject: Re: [spring] Issue with path protection for SR-TE LSPs

Stefano, Bruno and all,
Lots of thanks for detailed responses that, frankly, now go much deeper than my
original question.

My concern was about combining "regular" prefix SIDs advertised with the
default algorithm and path protection for SR LSPs.
To the best of my understanding, within his, admittedly limited, scope:
- there is no way to guarantee that Main and Protection paths will remain
disjoint following some topology changes in the network
- if some local protection for these SIDs is enabled in the network, there is
no way to guarantee that it will not affect some segments of such LSPs.

To the best of my understanding, Stefano's answers says that you can use some
"special" prefix-SIDs (e.g., marking them as not protecting, advertising tem
with some non-default algorithm etc.). I have no problem with these answers -
but from my POV they are out of the narrow scope of my original questions.
I do not think that this draft should list any specific solutions. But maybe it
should say that "the default prefix-SIDs" (i.e. prefix-SIDs advertised with the
default algorithm etc.) should not be used in specification of SR-LSPs
employing the path protection scheme?

Regards,
Sasha

Office: +972-39266302