Hi PK,

Thanks for your review and including the BGP draft authors to keep them posted.

Please check inline below.

From: spring <spring-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Przemyslaw Krol
Sent: 24 October 2018 23:35
To: spring@ietf.org
Subject: [spring] draft-previdi-idr-segment-routing-te-policy - BSID flag
inconsistency

Authors,

There seems to be a discrepancy in BSID flag ordering:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-segment-routing-te-policy-04#section-2.4.2

   0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |S|I|           |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-segment-routing-te-policy-04#section-8.5

Bit    Description                                  Reference
   0     Drop Upon Invalid Flag (I-Flag)             This document
   1     Specified-BSID-Only Flag (S-Flag)           This document

Would it be possible to clarify this please?
[KT] Thanks for catching that it looks like perhaps the IANA section needs to
be updated to reflect the ordering in the main section text.

Also, draft mentions "V-flag: Segment Verification Flag":

   V-Flag: This flag encodes the "Segment Verification" behavior.  It
      is used by SRPM as described in section 5 in
      [I-D.ietf-spring-segment-routing-policy].

Yet its meaning doesn't look to be clearly described in either drafts.
[KT] I believe this is referring to the following text in Sec 5.1 of the
draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-policy.

   o  It is empty.
   o  Its weight is 0.
   o  The headend is unable to perform path resolution for the first SID
      into one or more outgoing interface(s) and next-hop(s).
   o  The headend is unable to perform SID resolution for any non-first
      SID of type 3-through-11 into an MPLS label or an SRv6 SID.
   o  The headend verification fails for any SID for which verification
      has been explicitly requested.

   "Unable to perform path resolution" means that the headend has no
   path to the SID in its SR database.

   SID verification is performed when the headend is explicitly
   requested to verify SID(s) by the controller via the signaling
   protocol used.

Normally, only the path resolution is needed to be performed and that too for
the first SID. The “V” flag may be used to indicate to the headend to perform
the verification. When the SID is of type 1 or 2 then it is only about checking
the path resolution (reachability) for it. When the SID is of type 3-through-11
then it would be about first resolving to get the SID value and then doing its
path resolution. Perhaps this text in the SR Policy Architecture draft could
clarify this further (if needed) and we use “SID verification” term in the BGP
draft for alignment of terminologies.

Thanks,
Ketan

thanks,