Question regarding the IANA request for ethernet protocol number for SRV6.

https://www.iana.org/assignments/protocol-numbers/protocol-numbers.xhtml

143 Ethernet Ethernet (TEMPORARY - registered 2020-01-31, expires
2021-01-31)

The ethernet protocol number request does seem odd as the protocol number
or next header is usually the upper layer protocol and not lower link
layer.

Is this for the 6in6 encapsulation that occurs on the SR source node ?

The next header would be IPv6 not ethernet I would think.

Gyan