From: spring-boun...@ietf.org <spring-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Joel M.
Halpern
Sent: Thursday, August 5, 2021 2:52 AM
To: spring@ietf.org
Subject: [spring] Progressing Standardizing SR over IPv6 compression

The SPRING Working Group Chairs thank the design team for their efforts on
the requirements and analysis drafts.  The question of how the working group
wants to progress that part of the work will be the topic for a separate
email a bit later.

Right now, we are hearing the discussion about how many solutions, and the
perspectives being expressed.  While the topic was well-raised, the
discussion to date has not been structured in a way that makes clear to
everyone what the purpose is.  In particular, the chairs have decided to
re-ask the question.  We ask that even those who have responded in the
discussion respond to this thread.  Preferably with both what their opinion
is and an explanation of why.

The question we are asking you to comment on is:

Should the working group standardize one data plane behavior for compressing
SRv6 information?
Please speak up.  We are looking to collect responses until close of
business PDT on 20-August-2021.

Thank you,
Joel, Jim, and Bruno