Hi SPRING WG,

Real time monitor on every node and every link on a network is necessary to
detect  gray failures, which are the key culprit for poor QoS but hard to
catch. SR provides an ideal mechanism, when working with some efficient
planning algorithm, to achieve that with low cost.   Our proposal SRv6 In-situ
Active Measurement (SIAM) suggests a simple  active measurement approach which
can support different options of IOAM and other OAM methods in SRv6, without
needing to worry about the extension header issue.

Your comments, questions, and suggestions are very welcome. I'd like to know
your opinion if you think this work is in scope and should be adopted by the
working group.  If you are interested in contributing to this work, please also
let me know. https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-spring-siam/

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Haoyu