Hi Tom,

Thanks for reading the draft and raise discussions.

In the proposal the SRv6 domain is the overlay network, belonging to one
administrative domain -- the overlay network operator(say ONO).

For your concern about use of SIDs "across" the public Internet. Let me try to
explain using following figure (hope it works):

    CPE1                CPE2                 CPE3
     +                  +  +                  +
     |    +--------+    |  |   +----------+   |
     +---[1] TN1  [1]---+  +---+ Internet |---+
          +--------+           +----------+

In the perspective of the ONO, it has the following SIDs:
SID1/2/3: allocated on CPE1/CPE2/CPE3 by the ONO.
SID4/5: allocated by TN operator but serves for the ONO (Tenant-1 of TN, marked
[1] in the figure).
The ONO can use these SIDs, and I would think they are all "in the overlay
network", and are running "Over the Internet".

You mentioned in the last sentence "the use of SIDs over the public Internet".
That is what I am modeling above.

Thanks
Jingrong