Hi all,

Here are the part of the responses for the 2nd Issue Category: What is the
relationship between MSR6 and SRv6?, including issue 4,5.

 <https://github.com/MSR6-community/MSR6-Issue-List/issues/4> Claim is being
made that operators fully understand the benefits of SRv6. At best this is
contentious. I don't see this supposed interest from my peers operating
networks. Are you starting from the right position? #4

[Response] Here are some further explanations about the relationship between
SRv6 and MSR6:

1. Reuse the SRv6 design principle for multicast, e.g., SRv6 SID and
corresponding behavior;

2. The deployment and implementation of MSR6 is independent from SRv6, e.g.,
End, End.X; But it is easier for an SRv6 network to deploy MSR6."

 <https://github.com/MSR6-community/MSR6-Issue-List/issues/5> Most data
centers are moving to SRv6? #5

[Response] Whether SRv6 will be deployed in the data center is not relevant
to MSR6. If there is P2MP requirement in data center which is suitable to
use MSR6, it could be deployed without SRv6 as explained above.

If you have further comments, please let us know.

Best Regards

Yisong Liu