Below is an email Jen sent as co-chair of 6man, asking specifically for SPRING input on some questions.  Please comment on the questions asked below.

Yours,

Joel

------

Hello,

This email starts the 6man Working Group Last Call for the "Segment
Identifiers in SRv6" draft
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6man-sids).

The WGLC ends on Tue, Oct 4, 23:59:59 UTC.

 As the document is closely related to the work in the SPRING WG, we'd
like the SPRING WG to review the document and discuss the following
questions:

- the action items required from SPRING (Section 4.1 and 4.2 of the
draft,https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6man-sids-01#section-4)
[*]. Would it make sense to merge those open issues with the 'Open
Issues' section of
the SPRING document?
-  whether the document needs more guidance regarding routability of
/16 or such requirements shall belong to some other document?  In
particular,  shall we specify that it MUST NOT be in the DFZ? Or
setting 'Globally Reachable = false' in the registry should be
sufficient? The current idea is that the prefix needs to fail closed
and not be routable by default.

[*] The draft currently refers to the individual submission instead of
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-srv6-srh-compression/
 - the link will be updated in the next revision.

Please review the draft and send your comments to the list/

--
SY, Jen Linkova aka Furry