Hi Joel,

> On Oct 7, 2022, at 9:07 PM, Joel Halpern <j...@joelhalpern.com> wrote:
>
> Almost, but not quite.  The first part, up to "egress points" is fine.  But
> the description of the reasons leaves out one case I think is important.
> Namely, preventing packets from outside the SR Domain (e.g. from an outside
> attacker) entering the SRv6 Domain.)

Ah. Got it. This is covered in more detail in RFC8754 Section 5.1 but it makes
sense to at least point to it here. Take 2:

NEW:
In case the deployments do not use this allocated prefix additional care needs
to be exercised at network ingress and egress points so that SRv6 packets do
not leak out of SR domains and they do not accidentally enter SR unaware
domains. Similarly as stated in Section 5.1 of RFC8754 packets entering an SR
domain from the outside need to be configured to filter out the selected prefix
if it is different from the prefix allocated here.

Thoughts?

Regards
Suresh