SRH was explicitly defined for use in limited domains.   That is why I think dropping it is acceptable.  Certainly not required, but permitted.  The closest equivalent is NSH, which is also defined for limited domains.  In my personal opinion (not speaking for the SFC working group) I think it would be legitimate for a domain, particularly one that is using NSH, to drop packets where the IP carried protocol is NSH.  (I would prefer that they block only packets to their domain with carried protocol of NSH, but that is up to the operator.)

You have said that you consider the limited domain requirement to be wrong and irrelevant.  Whether you agree with it or not, it is in the RFC.  Operators may reasonably act on that.

Yours,

Joel

On 10/10/2022 9:59 AM, Robert Raszuk wrote:
>  it seems acceptable to block all packets with SRH

And such statements you are making are exactly my point.

Just curious - Is there any other extension header type subject to being a good enough reason to drop packets at any transit node in IPv6 ?

Thx,
R.