From: Alexander Vainshtein <alexander.vainsht...@rbbn.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2022 1:20 PM
To: Dongjie (Jimmy) <jie.d...@huawei.com>
Cc: draft-dong-spring-srv6-inter-layer-programm...@ietf.org; spring@ietf.org;
Michael Gorokhovsky <michael.gorokhov...@rbbn.com>; Nitsan Dolev
<nitsan.do...@rbbn.com>; Rotem Cohen <rotem.co...@rbbn.com>; Ketan Talaulikar
<ketant.i...@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: [spring] My question at the mike about
draft-dong-spring-srv6-inter-layer-programming

Jie, and all,
IMHO there is no need to allocate dedicated IP addresses to the endpoints of
the optical path.
You could define them as unnumbered IPv4-capable interfaces borrowing some
loopback address of he containing node (which in any case exists) or, in an
IPv6-only scenario, allocate just link-local IPv6 addresses to these endpoints.
You could then use some existing mechanisms for each endpoint to learn the MAC
address of the other.

Once this happens, End.X would work without any changes IMHO.

Regards,
Sasha