Thanks Eric.  Trimmed, just to keep your two questions.  I am speaking as a significant contributor, but will leave text changes to the pen holders.

Yours,

Joel

On 4/24/2023 9:12 AM, Éric Vyncke via Datatracker wrote:
Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-spring-nsh-sr-12: No Objection

## Section 5.2

Should the cache be emptied when a packet came back ? or on time-out (as either
no reply or multiple replies could be expected). The reader has to wait until
section 9 to get some hints (and it is unclear whether the caching refers to
the section 5.2 caching).

Yes, the cache should be emptied in both cases.  And it would probably help readers to say so earlier in the document.

## Section 9

In absence of cache entry, should the text specify that the packet is dropped ?
Or should a ICMP sent back to the SF ?
The packet should be dropped in the absence of a cache entry.  I see no point in sending an error to the SF, as it would likely have no idea what to do with the message.  Agreed that we should probably say so.