Yeah, I don't know why we couldn't use the valve from the floor below.

For horiz. SP we could you two valves as well. Why design for 250 gpm at
the most demanding valve if it's to be tested at 500 gpm?

Ron Fletcher
Aero Automatic Sprinkler
Phoenix, AZ  

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Greg
McGahan
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 7:21 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: NFPA 14 - 2003

Great question.

I have seen them both ways but the local AHJ's allow us to use the one
at the top and the next one down to facilitate testing.

Greg McGahan

Living Water Fire Protection, LLC
1160 McKenzie Road
Cantonment, FL 32533
850-937-1850
Fax: 850-937-1852


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Fletcher,
Ron
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 8:17 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: NFPA 14 - 2003

It has been a while since I have delved into 14 and I can't get into
AFSA's archives so please bear with me.
 
7.3.2.2 An additional 65-mm (2 -in.) hose connection shall be provided
at the hydraulically most remote portion of the system to facilitate
testing.
 
Does this mean we have to have two 2.5" hose valves at the top of a
standpipe? What about horizontal systems?

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

Reply via email to