Can anyone explain the concept of "contination pressure" to me regarding
fire pumps. The first time I've seen this term is in Hydracalc and I really
don't grasp it. Let' say I have a pump rated 125 psi @ 1000 gpm. (churn is
at 147 psi) my system demand is 98 psi @ 481 gpm at the pump discharge. The
report spits out the proper system demand pressure followed by:
"Continuation Pressure: 186.7, Pressure @ pump outlet 186.7 Pressure from
pump curve: 146.0" etc...

Any hydracalcers care to take a stab at this? Am I missing something, doing
something wrong, or is it too close to friday? I always thought max pressure
would be the pumps churn - not a continuation of pressure off the curve
somewhere in space?

Thanks in advance,
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to