We blow out at full line open, usually that means 50 to 75 Psi back
pressure. When we fill or reset the valve, we use radio's with the valve
just cracked at the compressor. Fill usually takes about 2 minutes. We leave
the air couplings on the drum drips, but not the insp. Test. Then we're
pretty sure they will be there next time.

Thom McMahon, SET
Firetech, Inc.
2560 Copper Ridge Dr
P.O. Box 882136
Steamboat Springs, CO 80488
Tel:  970-879-7952
Fax: 970-879-7926


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Tom Duross
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2009 4:25 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Dry System Valves Air Supply

Thanks Thom.

I was aware of the sizing requirement and not really sure these tank mounts
are meeting it, but again haven't done the ciphering.
So I guess there really isn't any "limit" on # of systems as long as the
compressor is big enough.

Great idea on the trailer unit btw, I just bought an 8HP gas driven ridgid
but it's not a big tank unit like one of those.
I guess you rent it, I suppose I could too.  Might be smart (smaht) for the
summer full flood trips for us.  Thanks!

I put a bee on their bonnet on the central units with dryers, we'll see
where that goes.
Another thing this new one has is he put sillcocks with 6' washing machine
hoses behind each pair of valves.
Talk about making priming easy!  We used to drag a hose in but this guy's
already made life easy.

The compressors and fill lines were hot when we were resetting them so I can
see the benefit of using your own.
Great point.  Do you fabricate your own pressure regulating assembly?  I
know most of those trailer units supply 80-120 for jackhammers and such.
I think probably 25-35 PSI would be a safe pressure to be blowing out at,
sure would be nice to not have to wait 1/2 hr. for it to return.

Tom

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to