Tom,

FTA 1000 AM 100B.  Maybe four or five years old.  The local techs are quite 
good.  I suppose he tried cleaning and resetting; I'll ask.

Thank you!

Bobby

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Tom Duross
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 7:11 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Record data from a fire pump controller

Is this a Mark II?  I've seen a few instance where the drive has gone and
they are expensive to replace.  The flash drive port upgrade is also
expensive.  I have a few clients who have these and they have gone out of
warrantee.  I feel your pain.
I believe he's right about the code aspect but it's not much solace once
their used to having the records and results of starts, stops, voltage
changes, etc.  I don't have an answer.  I did clean one and reset the brain
and it worked again.  I assume the tech tried that.

Tom Duross
GRS


If this fire pump is connected to a central station monitor or 24/7 manned
station on site you may already have the record you need if it's just run
cycles and operation times.

Thom McMahon, SET

What options are available to record data from a fire pump controller?

A technician said the disk reading device in a Firetrol FTA-1000 controller
cannot be repaired.  The manufacturer discontinued the device (3½" floppy)
and doesn't appear to have replacements parts.

Newer controllers have a USB port to download data and one can be installed
in this controller for what seems to me like a high cost.  The technician
said NFPA 20 doesn't require a device to download the controller activity,
so the decision to upgrade to a USB port is up to the owner.

It seems to me a floppy drive is a floppy drive and maybe there is another
way, like maybe an external drive.  Is this not allowed because the device
has to remain a UL listed assembly?

Thank you for the assistance.

Bobby McCullough

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to