I have a customer that had a 9,000 gallon hydrogen outside storage tank with a 
deck monitor off of a deluge valve to provide coverage to the tank if there was 
a nearby fire.  They removed the tank and are now replacing it with a 15,000 
gallon tank.  The code official wants them to verify that the deck monitor is 
up to whatever codes apply.  I have looked through NFPA 15, 30 and 55 to see if 
there is anything that applies.  It looks like all the setback and explosion 
walls stated in 55 have been met; but I cannot find anything concerning a deck 
monitor.  I have also checked the IBC and IFC and did not see anything.  I am 
sure I missed it.  any help is appreciated.  Thanks!


 Jay Stough
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to