From: sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of George Church
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2010 4:02 PM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: CPVC and Nail plates

I believe in 13R (and other spkr codes) you'll find language requiring
protection from mechanical injury one could say makes a nail plate
requirement- we didn't' find one in the IRC.

Our AHJ was demanding nail plates that were thinker and a lot bigger per the
IPC and IMC, even tho they aren't referenced standards for sprkr systems,
and why I got heartburn. We were installing nail plates, because you should,
but ours aren't as robust as what he wanted (and may have been spec'd in the
IPC).

glc