From: sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of Law, Kevin W
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 2:26 PM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: Underground flushing velocities

You are correct the word any does not appear in the text.  I guess my
comment was slanted from the view that in the text for NFPA 24-1995.

"The minimum rate of flow shall be not less than the
water demand rate of the system, which is determined by
the system design, or not less than that necessary to provide
a velocity of 10 ft/s , whichever is greater."

The standard changed on the next revision to it's present
wording.........

I find that crow is best eaten while it is still warm, it sticks in your
throat less

Kevin Law, PE
Bechtel National, Inc.
Waste Treatment Project