I am working on a building with a 9'-3" wide corridor. Along one wall 
is a duct 2'-9" wide and 12" deep. The sprinkler piping in this space 
will be exposed. My original plan was to run a line along side of the 
duct  with sidewalls and put pendent sprinklers under the duct. 
(running along the other wall is not an option.) However, the pendent 
sprinklers under the duct will be 7'-1" from the far wall. I was 
looking to see if I could apply the ceiling pocket  section to this 
scenario and eliminate the sidewalls. The total volume of the pocket 
is approximately 225 cubic feet. I can't see why this wouldn't apply, 
but it seems an odd use of the rule. Thoughts?

Todd G. Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, CT
860.535.2080
www.fpdc.com

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to